The nominees in the Outstanding Period/Fantasy Costume category are:
- The Crown (Michele Clapton, Alex Fordham, Emma O'Loughlin, Kate O'Farrell)
- Feud: Bette and Joan (Lou Erych, Hannah Jacobs, Katie Saunders)
- Genius (Sonu Mishra, Martina Hejlová, Petia Krckova)
- The Handmaid's Tale (Ane Crabtree, Sheena Wichary)
- Westworld (Trish Summerville, Jo Kissack Folsom, Lynda Foote)
Since dresses are our thing, we feel it only befitting (no pun intended) to give our take on the gowns/dresses from Netflix's The Crown, which has an overall total of 13 Emmy nominations.
We love the Elizabethan gowns that look like a million bucks. With embroidered beads and jewels, the costumes from this show are exquisite. With other hits like Game Of Thrones under costume designer Michele Clapton's belt, and a live Netflix campaign event (#Netflix FYSee) that exhibited the costumes, she seems like a sure shot to win this category.
Season 2 of The Crown starts December 8th. We'll be ready and waiting to catch a glimpse of the new costumes the show has to offer. In the meantime, sound off in the comments below what you think about the costumes from season 1.